Sep 20, 2011

SONG OF THE DAY


"Don't Bring Me Down" - Electric Light Orchestra  a.k.a. ELO

Have always liked this band for its personal nostalgia.  It reminds me of when I was a kid growing up and my folks absolutely crankin' this band or which ever album they had at the time.  Actually I think it was probably a 45 that they were playing on a turntable - which I still own to this day.  To bad the relic doesnt work any more. 

But I digress and get back to the music.  It always bring me right back to that same living room of the apartment where we first lived as a family.  Even at an early age the song seemed very different to me.  It seemed different than other music I had heard on the radio or in my parents living room.  Perhaps it was just the sweeping sounds it seemed to create.  That ever typical tone of Jeff Lynne singing "Dont bring me down....Groosshh" (actual lyrics might be different, but thats what I hear).

All in all.  A great song in my opinion.  I am glad it was the first selection my iPod made.

No comments:

Post a Comment