Sep 23, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW


THE SEA OF MEMORIES - BUSH

Bush is back at it after quite the layoff, in fact a 10 year layoff. Missing from the band is Nigel Pulsford (guitar) & Dave Parsons (bass). New faces Chris Traynor and Corey Britz fill the void for them.

Its my uneducated guess that most people will want to compare this album to their popular debut Sixteen Stone. Unfair? Perhaps. This is usually how things work, people do not really embrace change, myself included.

I think that Bush is definitely looking to evolve here. (Which I give them a lot of credit for doing so.) To be something more than what they used to be. But what?

The album's sound seems to be stuck in the ten year gap it's left between albums. Not quite old Bush and not quite the refined band that some expect in the later years of a career.

I listened to THE SEA OF MEMORIES while at my desk at work. I realized halfway through it. That I stopped "hearing" it. It just faded into the background. Not a terrible album by any means, but nothing that makes you stop and listen.

I don't have a rating system (hell, I'm not anywhere close to being a music critic). What I recommend is that you listen for yourself to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment